AVA’s dual enrollment program provides students in grades 9-12 the opportunity to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking courses from partnered colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to enhance students’ career readiness and postsecondary success, while providing a wide variety of options to college-ready students, at a reduced cost to students and families.
- Can earn credit to satisfy both high school and college requirements (One 3+ Credit Hour Course = One High School Unit)
- Must successfully complete the courses in order to earn the credit
- AVA has relationships with Eastern Michigan University and University of Michigan, Flint campus.
- Classes are taught by University professors
- Cohorts of AVA students may take courses together or students may sign up for classes independently.
- Students may choose from a variety of college-level courses (as determined by placement testing and course eligibility guidelines)